Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Final Moments!

So, we've said most of our goodbyes over the past 2 weeks.  It's an interesting feeling to say goodbye for an extended period of time.  I'm not going to claim that I like it, but it is curious...I now have snapshots of those moments in my mind, and it really shows that people care for us.  I will remember those moments of final goodbyes for a very long time! We love you all!  Thank you for the sweet support for this trip you have given us!

There are so many last minute details to finish up...car insurance (since we're leaving our car in Idaho), cell phones, health insurance, rechargeable batteries for our camera and UV water sterilizer (such a COOL thing), and a multitude of other random stuff!

There are also a number of things that have not resolved themselves by this time, so we throw our hands up and figure we'll have to deal with them over Skype...by the way...you can contact us on our skype account (thesavageexpedition).

Please be praying for our trip...We'll leave you with some pictures of our final time in the USA.

 Jenn's Mom and Grandma
 The Savage and Judish family
 Love you Grammy and Papa!
Bash Bros and Significant others!  Goodbye all!
 The Savage, Judish, and Iman family
 Gabica!
 Saying Goodbye to the Savage Silo

So, here goes...we leave at 4:56PM TOMORROW (the 5th)!!!  


2 comments:

  1. I miss you guys already! We are praying for you and always thinking about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris and Jenn, I know today is the day you launch your great adventure, well at least I thought it was the 6th. Oops, looks like I missed it. I bought a camera but couldn't figure out how to use Skype. When my son comes over he will help me set it up and I'll try a call to you. Maybe you don't have to have a camera, huh?

    All is well here in Chehalem Valley. Vern and Reed came over last night and brought a load of wood in for me. Its been very cold here too, 16 degrees Tuesday am. Finally exceeded the ability of my heat pump to warm the barn. Everyone had a nice Christmas and New Year's celebration. You missed all the cannons and fireworks.

    I think of you when I drive up Dopp Rd and see the empty silo and my heart is a little sadder knowing you aren't near. However, that doesn't diminish my happiness and excitement for you. I would join you if I could. Enjoy, enjoy and love all you find...........
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete